Title 1 District Advisory Committee
The Title I - District Advisory Council (DAC) is responsible for advising the district on matters related to Title 1 Funding. This includes but is not limited to:
Reviewing the results of the annual parent involvement effectiveness survey.
Reviewing the school’s achievement data.
Reviewing the parent involvement plan in the School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
Review and modify the school site Parent Involvement Policy and Parent/Student-School Compact.
Title I is a Federally-funded program that provides additional academic support and learning opportunities for students at schools with high percentages of socioeconomically disadvantaged children. The program is intended to help ensure that all students meet state academic standards.
The goals of Title I funds are as follows:
- Provide professional development for teachers
- Promote parent education and involvement
- Increase academic achievement
Provide direct instructional support to students
In NVUSD, Title I funds are used to support elementary schools. The following schools receive schoolwide Title I funding because 40% of more of the students in these schools qualify for funding:
- Alta Heights Elementary School
- Bel Aire Magnet School
- Canyon Oaks Elementary School
- Donaldson Way Elementary School
- McPherson Elementary School
- Napa Junction Magnet School
- Napa Valley Language Academy
- Northwood Elementary School
- Phillips Magnet School
- Pueblo Vista Magnet School
- Shearer Elementary School
- Snow Elementary School
- West Park Elementary School
- Willow Elementary School