Skip to main content

Enrolling in NVUSD


Student Enrollment

School Closures

At the end of school year 2019-20, Mt. George and Yountville elementary schools will close. The attendance area for Mt. George Elementary will join the Alta Heights Elementary attendance area. The attendance area for Yountville Elementary will join the Willow Elementary attendance area.

To register a new student for the current 2019-20 school year please review the information on this page. 

Registration for new students for Fall 2020: To be enrolled in kindergarten, students must turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020. Children turning 5 after September 1 may be eligible for Transitional Kindergarten.

Open enrollment for the 2020-21 school year is complete. More information about Open Enrollment

Students are assigned to their school of residence, which is defined as "the assigned neighborhood school based on a student's Napa County home address."  Find your school of residence

Students may attend a different school based on space availability through open enrollment, or through a transfer request based on specific limited circumstances.

Revised elementary school boundaries map for 2020-21 (per Board of Education approval on Oct. 24, 2019)



1.  Use the School Finder to determine your School of Residence.

2.  Bring the following required items to your School of Residence and fill out the Registration Form: 

  • Parent picture ID or Caregiver Affidavit (if applicable)
  • Residency (Address) Verification   Proof of residency is NOT the same as proof of US citizenship. Residency verification is defined as "verification of a student's Napa County home address in connection to the assigned school in the neighborhood."
  • Age Verification  One of the following options must be provided:
    • Birth certificate
    • A religious, hospital, or physician's certification showing date of birth
    • A passport
    • An adoption record
    • An affidavit from a parent/guardian
    • Previously verified school records
  • Emergency contact information, including health care provider contact information
  • Completed Health Exam and Oral Exam forms  (included in enrollment packet)
  • Immunization records   
  • Copy of student's academic history or current report card

3.  If you wish to open enroll your child at a school other than your School of Residence, please visit the Open Enrollment page for instructions.


The NVUSD Wellness Team has prepared a resource guide for families with detailed information including specific availability of our community partners in our NVUSD wellness programs. 

Click here (bilingual)


Posted 3/30/20

Enrollment Center
Elementary and Secondary (TK-12) enrollment 
Intradistrict Transfers
(NVUSD school to NVUSD school)

Inter-District Transfers
(K-12 transferring in or out of NVUSD)

Dr. Christine Gross

Christina Roberts
Senior Administrative Specialist
(707) 253-3435
Location: 2425 Jefferson St., Room 106

About Intradistrict Transfers

Suzanne Trudelle

About Inter-District Transfers