Lisa Bailey: email@example.com
Updating Your Address?
Important: Notify NVUSD Human Resources AND NCOE to change your address. Changing your address in Frontline does not update in our payroll system.
Searching for and Accepting Sub Jobs
NVUSD uses Frontline, an automated service that greatly simplifies the process of finding and managing substitute jobs. Frontline utilizes both the telephone and internet to assist you in locating jobs, and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You will receive a personal invitation email with the Subject Line: Napa Valley USD invites you to Absence Management. If you have an existing Frontline ID account click “Sign in with your Frontline ID.” Otherwise, click “Create a Frontline ID.” Create a username, password, email address, and click “I accept the terms and conditions." Then click “Create Frontline ID” and you are in!
You can search for and accept available jobs, change personal settings, update your calendar, and personalize your available call times on the Frontline website. If the employee has uploaded lesson plans, you will be able to view them online once you take the job.
You can interact with the Frontline system via a toll-free, automated voice instruction menu at 1-800-942-3767. Here, you can proactively search for jobs. We recommend calling in to check the computer recording of your name by pressing Option 4.
The system will also make phone calls to substitutes to offer jobs. The administrative office has selected the following hours as standard call times when the Absence Management service may call for substitutes:
- 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM in the morning
- 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM in the evening
* If you accept a job, you will be issued a confirmation number. Please remember that your transaction is not complete until Frontline supplies you with a confirmation number.
Note: You are NOT required to create a Frontline ID for telephone access (you automatically have telephone access). However, to gain Web access, you must create a Frontline ID via your personal invitation email.
Should you experience difficulty using the system in any way, please contact Lisa Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-253-3843.
Renewing Your 30-Day Emergency Substitute Permit
The Commission requires all teachers with 30-Day Emergency Substitute Permits to renew their credentials online with a credit card. Your permit can be renewed six months prior to the credentials expiration date, and your renewed permit issue date will begin the date your permit expires. You do not lose months by renewing early. There is a renewal fee. If you let your permit expire and take a substitute teaching assignment after that date, you will not be paid. You are responsible for the renewal of your credential. If your credential expires, your name will be removed from the Napa County Substitute List.
Working After Retirement
If you return to work after retirement in a position with the California public school system, there are restrictions under state and federal law.
- Work in a classified position except under certain circumstances, as a teacher's aide.
- Earn more than the annual postretirement earnings limit without affecting your CalSTRS retirement benefit.
- Earn any pay without affecting your retirement benefit if you return to work before age 60 or a six-month separation from service, whichever comes first.
- Keep the additional service credit you received under the CalSTRS Retirement Incentive Program, if you return to work within five years of retirement for the employer that offered the incentive.