Skip to main content

Student Work Permits


Official CDE Work Permit Applications may be downloaded and printed from this website. The application must be filled out and signed by the student, the employer and one of the student’s parents
The completed application must be taken to the school office of the student’s school of attendance. The office of Work Experience or Career Center will issue the work permit.
Notice!THE APPLICATION IS NOT THE WORK PERMIT. The application MUST be returned to the school in order for a student to obtain a legal work permit. Do not leave the application with the employer.
Work permits are not issued during the winter and spring breaks.